- WEATHER FORECASTING
- DISEASE MODELS
- IRRIGATION AUTOMATION
- WORKFORCE PLANNING
- By the use of crop evapotranspiration better plan the irrigation, save water, money and time.
- Helps prevent animal health problems that occur in houses with nonstandard climatic conditions.
- Plant disease model calculation to improve plant protection and prevent crop losses.
- Work planning on farms – it saves time and makes farming even more efficient.
LoRATH is a new generation of weather stations that operate on LoRaWAN® or NBIoT network. It can be connected to any existing LoRaWAN® or NBIoT network, if present at your location.
LoRATH measures air temperature, relative humidity and soil moisture. All the data is synchronized with FieldClimate.
Communication: Both product variations exist in LoRaWAN® and NBIoT versions.
This is what you can do:
• Plan the work week based on a localised weather forecast for your operations site
• Plan your work day based on the actual rain and temperature data and the daily weather forecast for your field
• Plan your spray program based on disease models and prediction and check the quality of spray work online
• Plan your irrigation based on ET-crop and predicted plant water use
• Bring data directly into your management software and Operations Center via automatic interface
LoRATH IS DESIGNED TO BE EASILY CONNECTED TO AN EXISTING LoRaWAN® NETWORK. FOR REMOTE SITUATIONS WITHOUT THE AVAILABILITY OF A COMMERCIALLY OPERATED LoRaWAN® NETWORK PESSL INSTRUMENTS PARTNERS WILL SUPPORT YOU WITH A FARM BASED LoRaWAN® NETWORK WHICH ENABLES YOU TO INSTALL ALL AVAILABLE LoRa® SENSORS – FROM PESSL INSTRUMENTS OR OTHER VENDORS.
BY USING THE PROPRIETARY INTELLIGENT SENSOR HANDLING, THE LoRATH PROVIDES VALUES OF:
• Leaf wetness for disease forecast,
• VPD and Delta T for defining best weather for spraying (spray window),
• Dew point for frost prediction.
|Housing||UV resistant polycarbonate plastic (Protection class IP65)|
|Dimensions||14.8 cm L x 11.8 cm W x 9.3 cm H|
|Connectivity||LoRaWAN: EU863-870, US902-928, AU915-928, AS923
NBIoT: Category: Cat-M1/NB1; Frequency Band: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B8, B9, B10, B12, B13, B14, B17, B18, B19, B20, B25, B26, B27, B28, B66
|Measuring interval||LoRaWAN: 5 minutes
NBIoT: 15 minutes
|Logging interval||LoRaWAN: 15 minutes
NBIoT: 15 minutes
|Transmission interval||LoRaWAN: 15 minutes
NBIoT: 60 minutes
|Air temperature||Operating temperature range: -40 °C to +125 °C
Thermometer error -10 °C to +85 °C: +/- 0.3 °C
|Relative humidity||Precision 0 – 80 %: +/- 2 %
Precision 80 – 100 %: +/- 3 %
Measurement, logging and transmission intervals can be set differently to fit the client’s needs.
Measurement interval: occurrence, when the station measures the attached sensors
Logging interval: occurrence, when the station calculates the minimum, maximum and average values of all measurements which happened in this logging interval
Transmission interval: occurrence, when the station transmits the stored data from the logging interval to the FieldClimate.
Logging and transmission intervals for LoRaWAN communication-based products are the same.