Self-Emptying Bucket Rain Gauge (Ø200 cm2 orifice)
MeteoRain™ 200 Compact uses a self-balancing measuring principle. It offers high resistance to error producting effects as found in most rain gauges. These include soiling of the internal measuring mechanism over time, mechanical friction, residual water remaining affecting measuring spoon balance, debris entering the measuring mechanism, resistance to vibrations and non-level mounting.
Notable features include:
• Multiple mounting options
• Simplicity and reliability
• Easy to maintain and simple to clean with a removable funnel sieve/sift
• Robust and impact resistant funnel and housing
• Errors from non-level mounting are minimized with the self-balancing design
• Easy adjustment and recalibration of internal measuring mechanism
• Protection of measuring mechanism from contact during wire connections
• High-speed (0.13 s) self-emptying mechanism for high precipitation rate accuracy
• High-dynamic range up to 10 mm/minute (50 tips/minute) rain rates
• Bird-spikes and leaf fence are available
• Low-profile funnel for easy cleaning with a sharp edge for accuracy
Self-balancing, self-emptying magnetic tipping bucket technology to ensure uninterrupted measurement of precipitation regardless of amount and intensity. It measures rain by means of a standardized orifice funnel which collects water into the
precision measuring mechanism. The mechanism offers more consistent long-term response than any other standard tipping-bucket rain gauge.
|Pluviometer type||Accuracy||Stability||Resolution||Measuring range||Operating range||Starting threshold*||Rain orifice area|
|Precipitation type: Liquid (Rain)||< ±1% for rain rates
|< 0.0125 mm per year||0.2 mm||Up to 600 mm/hr in above freezing conditions||-40 °C…80 °C||0.25 mm *||200 cm2 (Ø 16.0 cm, 6.3”)|
* Rain gauge starting value is the amount of percipitation required to register a first reading. All funnel based rain gauges trap a small mount of percipitation on the funnel surface before rain water reaches the measuring mechanism. This includes drops remaining on funnel surface (funnel wetting), evaporation from the funnel surface, wetting of debris, dirt, and dust in the funnel catch sieve/sift and water opening. Rain gauge inspection interval should be determined by user experience and the environment.
|Electrical Interface||Electrical switching speed||Switching resistance & capacity||Max current||Max voltage||Surge protection||Tipping bucket speed||Shock resistance|
|Magnetic reed switch||0.25 ms||200 – 250 mOhm & 1 pF @ 10 kHz||30 mA||26 VDC||Transient protection||0.13 seconds||15 g|