Ø 200 cm2 Self-Balancing, Self-Emptying Rain Gauge
Wireless MeteoRain™ IoT Compact features a self-balancing measuring mechanism with very high repeatability of measurement and accuracy even at highrain rates. Highly resistant to soiling of the internal measuring mechanism over time, mechanical friction, residual water remaining in measuring spoon from last rain event, debris entering the measuring mechanism, vibrations and non-level mounting among many.
Notable features include:
• No solar panel required
• 4+ years of battery life with 10 minute sending interval of data when raining
• Robust stainless steel mount with multiple mounting options
• Simple and highly reliable measuring principle and electronics
• Easy to maintain and simple to clean with a removable funnel sieve/sift
• Robust and impact resistant funnel and housing
• Effect of non-level mounting is minimized with this self-balancing design
• Easy adjustment and recalibration of internal measuring mechanism
• High-speed (0.13 s) self-emptying mechanism for high precipitation rate accuracy
• High-dynamic range up to 10 mm/minute (50 tips/minute) rain rates
• Bird-spikes and leaf fence are available
• Low-profile funnel for easy cleaning with a sharp edge for accuracy
Self-balancing, self-emptying magnetic tipping bucket technology to ensure uninterrupted measurement of precipitation regardless of amount and intensity. It measures rain by means of a standardized orifice funnel which collects water into the
precision measuring mechanism. The mechanism offers more consistent long-term response than standard tipping-bucket rain gauges and is accurate even in high rain rates.
|Pluviometer type||Accuracy||Stability||Resolution||Measuring range||Operating range||Starting threshold*||Rain orifice area|
|Precipitation type: Liquid (Rain)||< ±1% for rain rates<100mm/hr||< 0.0125 mm per year||0.2 mm||Up to 600 mm/hr in above freezing conditions||-40 °C…80 °C||0.25 mm *||200 cm2 (Ø 16.0 cm, 6.3”)|
* Rain gauge starting value is the amount of percipitation required to register a first reading. All funnel based rain gauges trap a small mount of percipitation on the funnel surface before rain water reaches the measuring mechanism. This includes drops remaining on funnel surface (funnel wetting), evaporation from the funnel surface, wetting of debris, dirt, and dust in the funnel catch sieve/sift and water opening. Rain gauge inspection interval should be determined by user experience and the environment.
|Electrical Interface||Wireless network compatibility||Battery type||Battery life **||Shock resistance|
|Wireless||All regions LoRaWAN and Sigfox. (NB-IoT coming soon)||Lithium Ion||4+ years **||15 g|
** Based on 2200 hours of rainfall per year.