Anemometer with a wind vane. Exceeds WMO and MEASNET Class 1 accuracy standards for meteorology & wind resource assessment. Very low 4mA combined power consumption and integrated triple layer lightning & surge protection for reliable
operation. Protected oversize bearings with high dirt and weather resistance proven to provide long-term measurement stability & reliability in dirty & dusty environments.
Serviceable bearing & cups with high dirt resistance
• Serviceability of rotor bearing, anemometer cups and wind vane
• Special double-arm reinforced cup design with over-size bearings for robustness.
• Highest level of 3 stage lightning, EMC, Surge & ESD protection
• Industry standard RS-485 output
• Simple & robust MODBUS RTU and ASCII communication protocol is user selectable
• Long-term tested dirt resistance in highly dusty environments with salt-spray
• All models feature a weather proof locking bayonet connector.
Dual arm reinforced cup design for all weather reliability
• WMO & MEASNET conforming wind speed and direction.
• 10Hz sampling rate to accurately capture wind gusts.
• Fast response and minimal over-speeding for accurate
wind gust measurement.
• Robust two arm reinforced rotor cup design
• Special flat elliptical cups offer superb snow shedding
with very good hail resistance
• All-metal replaceable wind direction vane.
• Strong all-metal anodized-aluminum body
|Measurement standards of anemometer & wind vane|
|Wind speed||0-80 m/s gust||0.01m/s||< 1% of measured value (0.3 – 50 m/s) or < ±0.2 m/s ±0.05m/s (4-16m/s) with MEASNET CALIBRATION||10Hz @ 3 pulses per revolution|
|Wind direction||0-360°||1°||2° (no dead-spot)||10Hz|
|Linearity||R2 > 0.99995 MEASNET/IEC 61400-12-1:2005|
|Tilt angle sensitivity||Cosine response, see graph. (Horizontal wind speed measurement)|
|Starting wind speed||<0.3m/s|
|Default linearity constants (Calibration equation coefficients)||Defaults: Slope = 0.43 m/s | Offset = 0.33 m/s (m/s = 0.43*freq(Hz) + 0.33)For MEASNET accuracy without calibration: Slope = 0.4341 m/s | Offset = 0.3054 m/s|
|Distance constant (Delay distance)||<3m (est.) (per ASTM D 5096-96)|
|Electrical specifications of anemometer & wind vane|
|Output signal & communication||RS-485 with Modbus RTU & ASCII|
|Supply Voltage||5…24VDC with inrush protection & reverse polarity protection|
|Power consumption||2.6mA @12V (combined wind speed & direction at 10Hz sampling including RS-485 coms)|
|Lightning & surge protection||per IEC EN 61000-4-5 on both data & power lines, Surge, EFT/Burst, ESD 15kV|
|Environmental rating of anemometer & wind vane|
|Operating temperature||-40°C to +80°C|
|Operating humidity range||0% to 100% RH|
|Survival wind speed||>90m/s (324kph, 200mph)|
|Connection||Bayonet connector with silicone o-ring|
|IP – Protection rating||IP55W (DIN 40050)|
|General anemometer & wind vane specifications|
|Heater (optional)||20W (1.1A) @ 24VDC (5W @ 12VDC), User selectable manual or automatic heater control|
|Weight (mass)||Anemometer = aprox. 300g (without stainless steel mount)|
|Dimensions||Anemometer rotor diameter = Ø164mm, Wind vane radius =136mm, Total height = 320mm|
|Patented / Registered||OHIM 002153882-0001, 002153882-0002, 002153882-0003|
|Mounting||two M4 screws with supplied holder as pictured below|