Wireless wind speed & direction sensor per WMO
Compact anemometer and wind direction vane sensor with ultra-low power & no dead spot. Meets all World Meteorological Organization (WMO) measurement standards of measurement. No wires to connect or batteries to change, no connectors to break. Featuring SigFox or LoRaWAN wireless Star-on-Star network technology for reliable and redundant data transmission. Elliptical cup design of the proven MeteoWind 2 is used to offer superb measurement qualities in a compact and cost-effective instrument made from anodized aluminum.
Compact analog design with high dirt resistance
• Faster response than ultrasonic anemometers with < 0.3 s time constant at 4 m/s
• Robust dual-arm reinforced cup design
• Replaceable cups for quick and easy service with standard tools
• Flat elliptical cup shape offers superb snow shedding and very good hail resistance
• All-metal anodized-aluminum body and wind vane design
Ultra-low power for wireless applications
• Uses IoT-Wind, an open communication protocol which permits direct connection to any Internet-of-Things (IoT) application and cloud platform.
• Magnetic wind vane sensor offers better than 3° accuracy.
• Anodized aluminum body and wind vane guarantee robustness, corrosion protection and longevity.
• Patented design of flat elliptic cups offers high-linearity
• Aerodynamics and superb winter snow shedding even without heating.
• High response, linearity and accuracy with a very low < 1.5 m distance constant.
|Wind speed||0-100 m/s||0.1 m/s||< 2 % of measured value (0.3 – 50 m/s) or ±0.05 m/s (4-16 m/s) with MEASNET cal.||2 pulses per revolution|
|Wind direction||0-360°||1°||5° (no dead-spot)||10 Hz /1Hz avg. out|
|Linearity||R2 > 0.99995|
|Tilt angle sensitivity||For horizontal wind speed measurement|
|Starting wind speed||<0.2 m/s|
|Default linearity constants (Calibration equation coefficients)||Defaults: Slope = 0.6335 Offset = 0.3582 m/s (m/s = 0.6335 * freq(Hz) + 0.3582) internallypreprogrammed into the wireless module which transmits real wind speed value|
|Distance constant (Delay distance)||< 1m (est.) (per ASTM D 5096-96)|
|Output signal & communication||LoRaWAN or Sigfox wireless with NB-IoT coming soon|
|Supply Voltage||3.2 V…15 VDC reverse polarity protection|
|Power consumption||350 μA (combined wind speed and wind direction and wireless transmission)|
|Power and battery system||Solar charger with a Lithium-Ion battery for 4+ months of operation without sun|
|Operating temperature||-40°C to +80°C|
|Operating humidity range||0% to 100% RH|
|Survival wind speed||>85 m/s (306 kph, 190 mph) gust|
|IP – Protection rating||IP55W (DIN 40050) anemometer, IP67W wireless module with battery|
|Heater (optional)||4 W non-regulated @ 12 Vdc or VAC, (Max continuous 12 W in temperatures < 20 °C)|
|Weight (mass)||Anemometer = 210 g, Wireless module with battery= 500 g|
|Dimensions||Anemometer rotor diameter = Ø 164 mm, Wind vane radius =111 mm, Total height = 272 mm|
|Patented / Registered||OHIM 002153882-0001, 002153882-0002, 002153882-0003|
|Mounting||Two M6 screws with nuts (includes a 90° stainless steel mounting arm)|